[Mint 17.2] Logitech Keyboard not recognized

Questions about hardware, drivers and peripherals
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DeepFlows

[Mint 17.2] Logitech Keyboard not recognized

Post by DeepFlows »

Hi guys,

I am in the process of finally making the switch from Linux. Unfortunately, I have encountered a serious show stopper.

On Linux Mint 17.2 (Cinnamon), my keyboard, a Logitech G19, does not work at all. It was already not funcional in the live environment, but I figured that this might be a glitch that would go away after installation. It didn't. I am basically stuck at the login screen and can't enter my password. The Keyboard does get power. It also works in BIOS and in GRUB. Going from GRUB, it powers off, powers on again but remains non-functional.

Following a search result, I tried adding hid.ignore_special_drivers=1 to the grub parametes (just added it at the top of the list?), no effect.

Since I can't get into the system, I can not provide any terminal outputs. I could, however, paste code into the live environment's terminal (where the Keyboard, as I mentioned, also doesn't work) and paste the results here. I can also do basic tasks with the on-screen-keyboard (which is not available for login.)

Can someone please help me get my keyboard working?

Cheers!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Re: [Mint 17.2] Logitech Keyboard not recognized

Post by phd21 »

Hi DeepFlows,

Interesting Keyboard. Not sure why you are having a problem with this. You have it connected directly to a USB port on the computer, right? Do not use a passive 4-port USB hub (a hub that does not have its own power supply). You might also try another Live Linux Mint edition like Mate, KDE, or Xfce to see if that works and or works better.

Good luck ... Keep us posted on your progress.
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen

Return to “Hardware Support”