No Sound Applet in Panel

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
uzername

No Sound Applet in Panel

Post by uzername »

Anyone else suddenly having a problem with the sound app in cinnamon? Not really sure what happened, but after updating a few things, I changed my desktop background and my PC locked up. I had to hard reboot it, and since then I can't get the sound applet to show up in the panel.

The applet settings says it's enabled, but the volume icon doesn't show up in the panel, and when I look in the sound settings in the control panel, none of my sound hardware is listed. It shows up in alsamixer, but not in Cinnamon. Wondering if this is pulseaudio issue, or ... ?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sportsfan7700

Re: No Sound Applet in Panel

Post by sportsfan7700 »

I have no sound entirely...you are not the only one
uzername

Post by uzername »

No one has any suggestions for sound and Mint sound applet help?
uzername

Post by uzername »

Okay, I solved my problem. It was in fact a pulseaudio corruption. Deleting the ~/.pulse directory and restarting fixed it.

Doesn't seem to be much support available on this board, but I'll try to help you if I can, sportsfan. Can you give some more details, like what exactly happened, whether sound was ever working, whether pulse is running, your sound hardware setup, etc.

Return to “Sound”