Audacity 2.0.5 package for Mint 13 (Maya)?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Squirrel Murphy
Level 1
Level 1

Audacity 2.0.5 package for Mint 13 (Maya)?

Post by Squirrel Murphy »

Hi. Repositories have 2.0.0-1ubuntu0.1 which is unstable for me. It freezes very frequently and has to be killed and restarted. Audacity can easiy recover projects so it's not a huge deal, but it's irritating. There have been alot of bug fixes in the last several dot revisions so I'd like to give it a go.

I don't like to install from source anymore. Is there are repo other than the development PPA that has a packaged binary that is appropriate?

TIA!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Audacity 2.0.5 package for Mint 13 (Maya)?

Post by xenopeek »

Squirrel Murphy
Level 1
Level 1

xenopeek wrote:Google doesn't work for you? :) http://linuxg.net/how-to-install-audaci ... ry-os-0-2/
Yeah, but that's the daily updated PPA. Won't Update Manager want to update that each night instead of staying on the stable release version?

Code: Select all

$ sudo add-apt-repository ppa:audacity-team/daily
$ sudo apt-get update
$ sudo apt-get install audacity
Anyway, I'll do it. 3 crashes in the last 10 minutes.... it's driving me nuts.

Thanks.
Squirrel Murphy
Level 1
Level 1

Squirrel Murphy wrote:Won't Update Manager want to update that each night instead of staying on the stable release version?
FWIW, it installed 2.0.6-alpha-April-17 which is presumably cutting edge unstable. :)

We'll see how it goes.

Return to “Sound”