DVD vob files batch encoding to mp4?

Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
bobbiescap

DVD vob files batch encoding to mp4?

Post by bobbiescap »

Greetings all,

My parents have a huge collection of DVDs, and now Blu-ray, anyway about 10 years ago I suggested to my father that he back up his DVD files to hard disk in case of theft or damage. He is a Windows user and I directed him to DVD Decrypter so that he could strip the movie files and I wanted him to re encode his movies as XviD but that was a little difficult for him to manage, so we now have terabytes of vobs and ifos, many of which are full disc files as he mucked up the settings at one stage.

I am running LMDE 2 and am wondering if somebody is aware of an easy to use batch converter that would be capable of identifying the main movie files and converting them to mp4 compressed files? Also because my mother is deaf I would like to be able to include English subs.

I am happy to run something in WINE but I can't get it working ATM.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ron-N

Re: DVD vob files batch encoding to mp4?

Post by Ron-N »

Can Devede be of any assistance for you? Else try using Handbrake.
kwisher

Post by kwisher »

+1 for Handbrake
Hoser Rob
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Hoser Rob »

Handbrake is a very good program but they dropped xvid output support some time ago. If you really want xvid I'd suggest avidemux. See this:

http://www.avidemux.org/admWiki/doku.ph ... processing
For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong - H. L. Mencken

Return to “Sound”