No Google Chrome for Mint?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
pcpunk
Level 5
Level 5

No Google Chrome for Mint?

Post by pcpunk »

So there is not No Google Chrome for Mint? I only see Ubunto/debian.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
HP Compaq nx7400, Cinnamon 19.2
Intel R Core™2CPU, T5500@1.66GHz, 4GB Crucial RAM
Super Clean Runs Perfect
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: No Google Chrome for Mint?

Post by xenopeek »

Linux Mint 17 is fully compatible with Ubuntu 14.04, and often compatible with Debian if there is no Ubuntu package for a program. So in your case, pick the package for Ubuntu and that will work fine on Linux Mint 17.

For installing Google Chrome you have to indeed get it from Google's website, but perhaps good to know you can get most software you want directly through Software Manager in your menu. See my introduction here: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=97158
pcpunk
Level 5
Level 5

Re: (SOLVED) No Google Chrome for Mint?

Post by pcpunk »

xenopeek wrote:Linux Mint 17 is fully compatible with Ubuntu 14.04, and often compatible with Debian if there is no Ubuntu package for a program. So in your case, pick the package for Ubuntu and that will work fine on Linux Mint 17.

For installing Google Chrome you have to indeed get it from Google's website, but perhaps good to know you can get most software you want directly through Software Manager in your menu. See my introduction here: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=97158
Thanks!
HP Compaq nx7400, Cinnamon 19.2
Intel R Core™2CPU, T5500@1.66GHz, 4GB Crucial RAM
Super Clean Runs Perfect

Return to “Software & Applications”