Counter Strike GO Mint 14

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
exad

Counter Strike GO Mint 14

Post by exad »

Hello!

I recently made the switch from Windows 7 to Linux mint 14 which I am loving!
Today I installed Steam using Play on linux so I could try to get Counter Strike Go working. I installed CS Go through Steam and it seemed to have gone smooth enough. However when I go to run CSGO it starts up and then crashes right away and gives me an error:
Your graphic hardware must support at least shader model 3.0 to run this game
Driver name: "ATI RADEON 8500 SERIES"

It reports the wrong card as I have an ATI 6850 installed. I've looked this up and have seen similar issues but none reporting the wrong card series as mine is. The threads I have found via google search end with ATI card being the issue and no fix.
I am using the latest drivers from the ATI website, if that helps. I'm by no means an advanced linux user. Anyone have any insight as to where things are going wrong?

Thanks a lot for any and all advice!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
exad

Re: Counter Strike GO Mint 14

Post by exad »

Ok, so I think what is happening is that Wine/CSgo is detecting my onboard graphics instead of my 6850.. now if I disabled it and it is not showing up in lspci would I have to reinstall wine for wine to notice the change or should it do so automatically? Anyone know?
exad

Post by exad »

So, that did not work.. And I was wrong, it is not detecting onboard graphics it's detecting a completely different ati card. An ATI Radeon 8500 aparently. How the heck can I change this? Anything I can do? I am at my wits end! And I can't think of any other solutions.. I've searched and read lots of different issues and don't seem to find any answers and what could be causing this or how to fix it..

Ok, so I've gone into registry and set some values including:
Wine
Direct3D (had to add was not there)
DirectDrawRenderer (set to opengl)
VideoMemorySize (set to 1024)
VideoPciDeviceID (set to 0x6739)
VideoPciVendorID (set to 0x1002)

Changing these values also had no effect, error still the same, no support for pixel shader 3.0 and shows card as Radeon 8500

Yeah.. I'm out of options.
Geeklosopher

Post by Geeklosopher »

Did you ever resolve your issue? I am have a VERY similar problem.

Return to “Software & Applications”