Firefox 33.0 Menu Bar Characters Always Black

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MartianStorm
Level 1
Level 1

Firefox 33.0 Menu Bar Characters Always Black

Post by MartianStorm »

Hi,

After the last update to Firefox 33.0, the characters on the menu bar remain black, regardless of the theme selected. (Which is really annoying with a dark/black theme...)
It does not occur on Windows or other Linux distros, is it a Mint specific issue?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MartianStorm
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Firefox 33.0 Menu Bar Characters Always Black

Post by MartianStorm »

Nobody knows the answer or nobody cares?
ScoorgeMcDuck

Post by ScoorgeMcDuck »

Finally someone else noticed this!

I am running LMDE and I have the same problem after updating to version 33.0, but my letters in the Firefox's menu bar are always white regardless the theme I use! I think that now the new version of Firefox uses menu bar text color according to system's color theme and it ignores Firefox's theme color for menu bar text for some reason. In my system I use "Darklooks" appearance theme which has white color for menu bars in the entire system... My guess is that Firefox33 uses system's color for its menu bar now - in my case it is white. So when I choose some light/bright theme in Firefox I cannot see menu bar text because the letters are white. So right now I have to choose some dark themes in my Firefox or to change my system's theme for some with black colored text for menu. This is annoying (((

Sorry for my bad English.
MartianStorm
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MartianStorm »

It's not Firefox, it's a Mint issue, Mint comes with it's own version of Firefox, and I'd be glad if the person responsible for this poor choice would fix the issue ASAP.
ScoorgeMcDuck

Post by ScoorgeMcDuck »

MartianStorm wrote:It's not Firefox, it's a Mint issue, Mint comes with it's own version of Firefox, and I'd be glad if the person responsible for this poor choice would fix the issue ASAP.
No it's not Mint's issue. I use Firefox version downloaded directly from Mozilla's site. This problem is taking place in both versions.
MartianStorm
Level 1
Level 1

Post by MartianStorm »

It doesn't take place on Windows, Debian or Chakra, I know it for a fact, so it's not a Firefox issue.
ScoorgeMcDuck

Post by ScoorgeMcDuck »

MartianStorm wrote:It doesn't take place on Windows, Debian or Chakra, I know it for a fact, so it's not a Firefox issue.
There is no such problem in Windows - that's right.

But I just did this: I ran Linux Tails 1.2, I have installed Firefox33 from Mozilla site, I have installed dark theme and I have got black letters in menu on black background! So this problem is there on Tails and original Firefox33 also.

Here's a screenshot: Image

Update:

1. I just have found this report from a Fedora user about the same issue here: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthrea ... &p=1712928
2. There is also a discussion at the bugzilla here: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1083668
3. And I just have tried Firefox Nightly build 36.0a1 - and there is NO issues with menu there!

So, I guess we just have to wait for any new updated version of FF, like 33.xx.xx or something...
leo.smith
Level 1
Level 1

Post by leo.smith »

fixed in 34+ but not sure about later versions of 33..
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

MartianStorm wrote:It's not Firefox, it's a Mint issue, Mint comes with it's own version of Firefox, and I'd be glad if the person responsible for this poor choice would fix the issue ASAP.
Yeah, give me all your money, and wait right here.
ScoorgeMcDuck

Post by ScoorgeMcDuck »

leo.smith wrote:fixed in 34+ but not sure about later versions of 33..
Already updated to FF ver 33.1.1 and it's still not fixed. So waiting for 34...
ScoorgeMcDuck

Post by ScoorgeMcDuck »

Just applied new update to version 34 - the problem is no longer exists!

Return to “Software & Applications”