Qbittorent Hangs

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
kush

Qbittorent Hangs

Post by kush »

I have been using qbittorent since many years and I have had no problem so far. I am using Linux mint 16 cinnamon and lately my qbittorrent hangs I am unable to use it smoothly.
Can anyone please help me out.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
PatH57

Re: Qbittorent Hangs

Post by PatH57 »

Hi,

what version of qbittorent? and what do you mean with "hangs"?
nomko

Post by nomko »

kush wrote:I have been using qbittorent since many years and I have had no problem so far. I am using Linux mint 16 cinnamon and lately my qbittorrent hangs I am unable to use it smoothly.
Can anyone please help me out.
First of all, Linux Mint 16 is obsolete, meaning it is no longer maintained or supported and the repisotory is closed. I advise you to upgrade to Mint 17.

Secondly, qBittorrent is a Qt4 application, hence the q at the beginning of the program name. Not sur what you mean with qbittorrent hangs I am unable to use it smoothly... It could be a graphical issue, or memory issue...
Can you give us the output of the following terminal command:

Code: Select all

inxi -Fxz
You can paste the output here.

And when you start the application in a terminal, do you see any (error) messages? If so, paste them here as well.
kush

Post by kush »

baba@Vjratan ~ $ inxi -Fxz
System: Host: Vjratan Kernel: 3.11.0-26-generic x86_64 (64 bit, gcc: 4.8.1) Desktop: Gnome Distro: Linux Mint 16 Petra
Machine: Mobo: Gigabyte model: G41M-Combo version: x.x Bios: Award version: F4 date: 05/30/2011
CPU: Dual core Intel Core2 Duo CPU E4500 (-MCP-) cache: 2048 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 ssse3) bmips: 8799.5
Clock Speeds: 1: 1200.00 MHz 2: 1200.00 MHz
Graphics: Card: Intel 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller bus-ID: 00:02.0
X.Org: 1.14.6 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1440x900@59.9hz
GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel G41 GLX Version: 2.1 Mesa 9.2.1 Direct Rendering: Yes
Audio: Card: Intel NM10/ICH7 Family High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel bus-ID: 00:1b.0
Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture ver: k3.11.0-26-generic
Network: Card: Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 v1.0 Gigabit Ethernet driver: atl1c ver: 1.0.1.1-NAPI port: df00 bus-ID: 02:00.0
IF: eth0 state: up speed: 100 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter>
Drives: HDD Total Size: 320.1GB (17.1% used) 1: id: /dev/sda model: ST3160215AS size: 160.0GB
2: id: /dev/sdb model: ST3160215AS size: 160.0GB
Partition: ID: / size: 23G used: 5.5G (26%) fs: ext4 ID: /home size: 56G used: 46G (87%) fs: ext4
ID: swap-1 size: 4.30GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap
RAID: No RAID devices detected - /proc/mdstat and md_mod kernel raid module present
Sensors: System Temperatures: cpu: 55.0C mobo: N/A
Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A
Info: Processes: 165 Uptime: 2:51 Memory: 984.6/3918.5MB Runlevel: 2 Gcc sys: 4.8.1 Client: Shell inxi: 1.8.4
nomko

Post by nomko »

Graphics: Card: Intel 4 Series Chipset Integrated Graphics Controller bus-ID: 00:02.0
X.Org: 1.14.6 drivers: intel (unloaded: fbdev,vesa) Resolution: 1440x900@59.9hz
GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel G41 GLX Version: 2.1 Mesa 9.2.1 Direct Rendering: Yes
Nothing wrong with your graphic card...
What about the output of the terminal when you start the program inside a terminal??
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

still don't know what "hanging" means ? doesn't download?
kush

Post by kush »

I am not able to use qbittorent like earlier. It freezes and I am not able to download search and delete new old movies songs f
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

ok.

what version is it?
and as nomko suggested
open terminal and type

qbittorrent
it will open torrent and if it freezes you should see a message in terminal (copy paste it back here)
nomko

Post by nomko »

PatH57 wrote:it will open torrent and if it freezes you should see a message in terminal (copy paste it back here)
Best is to copy the whole text in the terminal and paste it here so we can see what happens when Qbittorent starts up.

I also wonder if all Qt4 packages are installed and if some update was installed for these Qt4 packages.
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

do you know where to look for the update changes? outside the update manager (can't really search anything specific in there)
nomko

Post by nomko »

PatH57 wrote:do you know where to look for the update changes? outside the update manager (can't really search anything specific in there)
There's a way to check for it. I have to look for it myself.

Found the command:

cat /var/log/dpkg.log | grep "\ install\ "
Or visual via synaptic:
Open synaptic, go to File > history.
There you see the listing of all installed packages.
Last edited by nomko on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

cheers
nomko

Post by nomko »

i noticed that some qt5 packages were updated. Maybe that might give a conflict with Qbittorent.
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

must be more then this, I run qbittorrent (latest version)also but on Mint 17.all updates
Probably a combination of all.

as long as we don't see the errors it's pure speculation :wink:
kush

Post by kush »

baba@Vjratan ~ $ qbittorrent
Object::connect: No such slot TrackerList::editSelectedTracker()
Object::connect: No such slot PropertiesWidget::editWebSeed()
Object::connect: (receiver name: 'PropertiesWidget')
Object::connect: (sender name: 'listWebSeeds')
"sni-qt/3088" WARN 14:39:53.875 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE
baba@Vjratan ~ $ qbittorrent
Object::connect: (sender name: 'listWebSeeds')
"sni-qt/3126" WARN 14:42:25.433 void StatusNotifierItemFactory::connectToSnw() Invalid interface to SNW_SERVICE
PatH57

Post by PatH57 »

and the version of qbittorrent?
kush

Post by kush »

Thanks Karl I resolve my problem by Upgrading to Linux mint 17 thanks

Return to “Software & Applications”