Mint 17 will not update...IP error ?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
psw808

Mint 17 will not update...IP error ?

Post by psw808 »

##ERROR###ERROR###ERROR###ERROR###ERROR
W:Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/ ... 6/Packages 404 Not Found [IP: 91.189.91.14 80]

I thought this would resolve itself after a few days but it does not. What's the fix? Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Mint 17 will not update...IP error ?

Post by karlchen »

Hello, psw808.

Please, note the word "raring" in the error message. raring means Ubuntu 13.04 = mint 15 Olivia!

Code: Select all

W:Failed to fetch http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/raring/main/binary-i386/Packages  404  Not Found [IP: 91.189.91.14 80]
What is a reference to Ubuntu 13.04 doing in your Linux Mint 17 software sources?
What's the fix?
Use "Software Sources" and remove any reference to "raring" from your repository lists.
If you are unsure what exactly needs to be changed, please, post the output of the commandline

Code: Select all

inxi -r
Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 771 days now.
Lifeline
nomko

Post by nomko »

@ psw808
If you say you're running Mint 17, please remove that repository which gives you that error message.
Like karlchen says, raring is Ubuntu 13.04 is Mint 15 and Mint 15 is obsolete. Meaning no longer maintained/supported.

And do you have a 32-bit system or a 64-bit system?
psw808

Post by psw808 »

hey...I apologize: shit for brains here: I confounded my Mint 17 home box with my Mint 15 office box which the smart help here immediately noticed in the initial post info.

Sorry. Please disregard. I need to upgrade the Mint 15 box..duh !

Return to “Software & Applications”