[SOLVED] EyeofMate (eom) Unable to change interface language

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
krow7
Level 3
Level 3

[SOLVED] EyeofMate (eom) Unable to change interface language

Post by krow7 »

Hi all!
Sorry if this a noob question. I am a bit new to linux.

I have recently installed Linux Mint 16 Mate 64bit. I have installed it in Russian language. And all the programs have Russian interface, except Eye of Mate (mate default image viewer), its in English. And when i want to print a picture, the print dialog, it also shows up in English (only in this program, everywhere else in Russian).

I have removed English from the OS language settings. And the problem is still there.

I don't have problem with this, but I installed Linux Mint for a friend, and its a big problem for him, since he does not know English.

Any suggestions would be great!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gtsfer

Re: Eye of Mate (eom) Unable to change interface language.

Post by gtsfer »

I searched for plugins and Russian Language support for EOM. No luck. Best I can suggest is try another image viewer such as Gthumb (just one of many) that MAY work with Russian language. I assume you're looking for just a viewer that works, something simple. There's a few I found with Google search of "image viewer Linux" and Gthumb was one that popped up first and looks to be available via Synaptic Package Manager, at least on my setup.
krow7
Level 3
Level 3

Post by krow7 »

I guess you are right. It will be the best solution in this case. Thanks a lot!

Do you know if I should report this as a bug to Mate DE team?
gtsfer

Post by gtsfer »

krow7 wrote:Do you know if I should report this as a bug to Mate DE team?
No problem. I guess it couldn't hurt to report it, as it is specific to EOM. Since everything else works correctly and displays in Russian, seems like this should work too.
krow7
Level 3
Level 3

Post by krow7 »

Will report the bug then.
Thanks again for your reply! It was much appreciated!
krow7
Level 3
Level 3

Re: [SOLVED] EyeofMate (eom) Unable to change interface lang

Post by krow7 »

If anyone has the same problem and you want the same functionalite as Eye of Mate. I suggest you Install Eye of Gnome (eog). Its light and supports image printing. :)

Return to “Software & Applications”