Power Manager Applet Has Disappeared on LM17

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wmichaelb
Level 3
Level 3

Power Manager Applet Has Disappeared on LM17

Post by wmichaelb »

Hi: I recently updated my HP 8510p lap top to LM 17 from LM 13. After the install and update, the power manager applet will not show up in the panel. I have installed and reinstalled it multiple times. Then, just to check, I ran:

Code: Select all

mikeb@altoid-laptop ~ $ acpi -b -i
mikeb@altoid-laptop ~ $ 
and got *nothing* back. I ran

Code: Select all

mikeb@altoid-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install acpi
[sudo] password for mikeb: 
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
acpi is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
mikeb@altoid-laptop ~ $ 
but apt tells me that that package is already installed. I purged and reinstalled it, but found no change. In addition, the charging LED on the front panel won't
light up, other than to blink which on this system indicates a battery voltage less than the required level. Plugging in the charger shuts down the LED, and
I've tried two different chargers, both of which give the same result. Per the HP forum's recommendation, I shut down, removed the battery, connected the charger, and then rebooted. The system booted and ran fine, which purportedly indicates a good mother board, which is where the charging circuit is. The battery is brand new, but I found the same behavior with the old battery. Is there some other package that I should check for, or ???

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
richyrich

Re: Power Manager Applet Has Disappeared on LM17

Post by richyrich »

There is a Power Manager program in the Menu, have you checked the settings in there ?
wmichaelb
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Power Manager Applet Has Disappeared on LM17

Post by wmichaelb »

Richyrich: thank you, yes, I've checked both Power Management in Preferences and Power Statistics in Administration. The entry in System Settings
is the same as the one in Preferences.

Return to “Software & Applications”