Getting caja-folder-color-switcher to work?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
helloimustbegoing

Getting caja-folder-color-switcher to work?

Post by helloimustbegoing »

I installed caja-folder-color-switcher yesterday, and I'm still trying to figure out how to change the folder colors. Can anyone tell me how to use this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Getting caja-folder-color-switcher to work?

Post by Fred Barclay »

G'day! I'm not sure exactly what your problem is (since you didn't say ;) ), but perhaps this'll help:
http://www.webupd8.org/2014/10/folder-c ... -file.html.
The last of the article especially might help.

Best to you!
Fred
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
helloimustbegoing

Thanks for your response, Fred. My problem is this: I installed caja-folder-color-switcher (and verified via the Software Manager that it is indeed installed) but, I don't see any options anywhere on how to use this extension to change the folder colors. There's no right-click options on the folders, there's no options under anything in the tool bar menu. I just don't see anything anywhere on how to use this extension to change my folder's colors.

Thanks for the suggested other program. I have seen that one before. I'd be more inclined to try that one out if it was available from the Software Manager.
mehimu

Post by mehimu »

Fred Barclay wrote:G'day! I'm not sure exactly what your problem is (since you didn't say ;) ), but perhaps this'll help:
http://www.webupd8.org/2014/10/folder-c ... -file.html.
The last of the article especially might help.

Best to you!
Fred
Thanks for this help, your solution helped me. Thanks again.
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

helloimustbegoing wrote:Thanks for your response, Fred. My problem is this: I installed caja-folder-color-switcher (and verified via the Software Manager that it is indeed installed) but, I don't see any options anywhere on how to use this extension to change the folder colors. There's no right-click options on the folders, there's no options under anything in the tool bar menu. I just don't see anything anywhere on how to use this extension to change my folder's colors.

Thanks for the suggested other program. I have seen that one before. I'd be more inclined to try that one out if it was available from the Software Manager.
Okay, confession time. I thought this was the same program you were having trouble with. I see now that it's not.
Guess that's what I get for reading too fast. :oops:

I'm in MATE on Debian Sid myself. I'll install it and see what I get from this end.
"Once you can accept the universe as matter expanding into nothing that is something, wearing stripes with plaid comes easy."
- Albert Einstein
Fred Barclay
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Fred Barclay »

And it's not in the Debian repos, apparently. Do you have a tutorial or a guide that you read about it in?
- Albert Einstein
helloimustbegoing

Fred Barclay wrote:
And it's not in the Debian repos, apparently. Do you have a tutorial or a guide that you read about it in?
I only noticed it in the Software Manager. I haven't found a tutorial for it. (This is caja-folder-color-switcher I'm talking about.)

Return to “Software & Applications”