Permanently disable nvidia powermizer

Quick to answer questions about finding your way around Linux Mint as a new user.
Forum rules
There are no such things as "stupid" questions. However if you think your question is a bit stupid, then this is the right place for you to post it. Stick to easy to-the-point questions that you feel people can answer fast. For long and complicated questions use the other forums in the support section.
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
amirage

Permanently disable nvidia powermizer

Post by amirage »

Hi all

I have Mint 7 in my Dell XPS 1730 Laptop. It's a great operating system whilst clicking all the right buttons for eye-candy (compiz installed). I have the latest nvidia drivers 185++ installed via synaptic. While on AC power the graphics are smooth but when on battery mode it is anything but smooth. I know the whole point of Nvidia powermizer has been beaten to death. I also have the powermizer to be disowned while running on AC thus making the GPU running at full capacity when running on AC power. But, when I unplug the laptop, GPU goes back to the lowest level. My question is can I completely disable the powermizer running on battery as well. I don't want the powermizer to come into play whatever be the power source.

I have the following config:
Intel Duo Core 2.8ghz
Nvidia 8700 GT sli
200 gb raid 0 HDD
17" HD screen

Please let me know your views.

Thanks for the help
Amit
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Re: Permanently disable nvidia powermizer

Post by Husse »

The powermizer seems to be crap....
See if you can make some sense of this
Also search for
Powermizer performance mode modprobe.conf
and study the results
amirage

Re: Permanently disable nvidia powermizer

Post by amirage »

Hey thanks...

let's see what happens with the suggestion...

Amit

Return to “Beginner Questions”