Firewall Idea - allow each rule to be off or on or auto

Suggestions and feedback for Linux Mint and the forums
Forum rules
Do not post support questions here. Before you post read: Where to post ideas & feature requests
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Firewall Idea - allow each rule to be off or on or auto

Post by phd21 »

Hi Linux Mint developers and everyone else. I was thinking that it would be very nice to have the ability in the Firewall to easily enable (turn on) or disable (turn off) individual rules via a checkbox or something like that; perhaps even an automatic option that when certain appplications are run, that their associated firewall rules would be automatically enabled (turned on) and when that application is exited the associated firewall rules would be automatically disabled (turned off). For example: If you are running a Media Server application, and certain other apps, you must allow incoming firewall ports for the application to work. BUT, when that application is not running, those ports are open and are obviously a major security risk. If this firewall function is available, I have not seen it, so please let me know. Thank you! I love Linux Mint 17 Kde and have been using it for awhile.... Thank you to all involved in its developement - great work!!!
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen

Return to “Suggestions & Feedback”