Disable Hibernate and Suspend?

Archived topics about LMDE 1 and LMDE 2
drb

Disable Hibernate and Suspend?

Post by drb »

How do I disable hibernate and suspend in LMDE2? Neither seem to work, and my computer will be on all the time anyways, so I would like to disable the buttons.

I found this for LM, but it does not seem applicable to LMDE2: https://sites.google.com/site/easylinux ... amon-first
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
phd21
Level 20
Level 20

Re: Disable Hibernate and Suspend?

Post by phd21 »

Hi drb,

I used those instructions from the link you provided awhile ago, and they worked great for my Linux Mint KDE system.

But, I just read in the link below that you could remove the "pm-utils" from the Software Manager or SPM, and that would do it as well. I have not removed the "pm-utils" and I don't know the ramifications for doing so, if there is any. I searched the internet for this, and another options was to edit the file from your link.

Good Luck.

Post regarding this ...
http://superuser.com/questions/539127/f ... nd-suspend
Phd21: Mint 20 Cinnamon & KDE Neon 64-bit Awesome OS's, Dell Inspiron I5 7000 (7573, quad core i5-8250U ) 2 in 1 touch screen
drb

Post by drb »

phd21 wrote:Hi drb,

I used those instructions from the link you provided awhile ago, and they worked great for my Linux Mint KDE system.
Thanks phd21,

The link asks to move the file /etc/polkit-1/localauthority/50-local.d/com.ubuntu.enable-hibernate.pkla, but that file does not exist in LMDE2.
Mik3e
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mik3e »

Launch dconf editor and go to org > mate > power manager. There are several 'button' options that might do what is needed.
drb

Post by drb »

Mik3e wrote:Launch dconf editor and go to org > mate > power manager. There are several 'button' options that might do what is needed.
Thanks Mik3e. I should have mentioned I am running cinnamon. I did check and nothing I could find in dconf to disable suspend and hibernate.
Mik3e
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Mik3e »

For cinnamon check under org > gnome > settings-daemon > plugins > power.

Return to “LMDE Archive”