Using XChat scripts in HexChat? [block notifications]

Questions about other topics - please check if your question fits better in another category before posting here
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NChewie

Using XChat scripts in HexChat? [block notifications]

Post by NChewie »

Hi, I know that mint Cinnamon has moved to HexChat instead of xChat since Qiana...

do the python scripts provided in this post still work to cut out some of the notifications? Do we need to replace all 'xchat' instances with 'hexchat' or is there something more fundamental to change?

I tried to follow the steps laid out (using first the updated script of xtreme and then the original one provided by Anakinholland) but in both cases, the attempt to load the plugin into HexChat threw an error of
File "/home/NChewie/Documents/ignore.py", line 5
import xchat
^
IndentationError: unexpected indent
:?:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Ubulindy

Re: Using XChat scripts in HexChat? [block notifications]

Post by Ubulindy »

Yes and no. Mostly no. I did get some scripts to work by using the text editor, replacing all instances with "replace all" that say x-chat with hex-chat and it worked. Because of that, ( no crossover) I have remained with X-Chat to this day. And well, also, I didn't care for hex-chat's encryption, there was a problem with keyx. I use FiSH with X-Chat.

Return to “Other topics”