What games are you playing / are you looking forward to?

Anything related to gaming on Linux Mint including game discussion or questions concerning Steam or Wine.
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

What games are you playing / are you looking forward to?

Post by xenopeek »

I've been playing Shadowrun Returns and the (more epic!) Shadowrun: Dragonfall games past weeks (http://harebrained-schemes.com/shadowru ... n-returns/). With free games I've been mostly playing rogue-likes: I'm looking forward to next few months when we can expect for Linux:
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Re: What games are you playing / are you looking forward to?

Post by Monsta »

Waiting for Divinity: Original Sin, Wasteland 2, Pillars of Eternity, Torment: Tides of Numenera, Pier Solar HD, Jagged Alliance: Flashback.

Got tired of the first Shadowrun (the plot is great, but the gameplay isn't) and eventually deleted it, so didn't even try the second one.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

How did I miss on Divinity: Original Sin? Will keep an eye on it! But just like JAG, I'll need to get a graphics card upgrade to play this :|

As for Shadowrun, I found Dragonfall to be a much better game than the original--longer, better story, more believable world. It's still a RPG on rails. But I enjoyed it anyway because of the story :)
vvarlock

Post by vvarlock »

Oh nice! I didn't know Pillars of Eternity was going to be a Linux tittle. I just hope it comes out within a reasonable time along with the other platform versions. BG:EE took forever to come out with the Android version, and Shovel Knight (which I ended up getting for the 3DS) still hasn't put out their Linux version yet; I've heard it works really well through wine though.

Currently I'm playing Metro: Last Light and StarCraftII (wine)
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Ah, Shovel Knight -- yes, I'm waiting on that one also!

But Wasteland 2 is almost here; 2 weeks or so. The Ranger Field Manual (game documentation) is already downloadable; http://wastelandrpg.tumblr.com/post/970 ... eld-manual
Monsta
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Monsta »

Hooray, Wasteland 2 is out 8)
jmorris84
Level 3
Level 3

Post by jmorris84 »

Looking forward to Unreal Tournament 2014.
feydreva

Post by feydreva »

I play,

Dota2
League of legends
Dungeon Crawl
Hearstone
Diablo3

I am also looking forwards to UT2014
Booman

Post by Booman »

Right now I'm playing Assassin's Creed Revelations in PlayOnLinux

But here is my list of games "to play"

Bioshock 2
Mass Effect 2
Tomb Raider 2013
The First Templar
Bioshock Infinite
Dishonored
Rage
Two Worlds II
Fable 3
Divinity II: Developers Cut
Star Wars: Knights of the Republic
Mass Effect 3
Alan Wake/ Alan Wake American Nightmare
How to Survive
Medal of Honor
Ravensword: Shadowlands
Inquisitor
Still Life 2
Bards Tale
The Last Express: Gold Edition
Lara Croft & Guardian of Light
Lara Croft: Legend
Lara Croft: Chronicles
Sniper Elite V2
Game Of Thrones
Zeno Clash 2
Velvet Assasin
Runespell: Overture
Kung Fu Strike: The Warrior's Rise
Hydrophobia: Prophecy
Cargo Commander
-Michel-

Post by -Michel- »

xenopeek wrote:I've been playing Shadowrun Returns and the (more epic!) Shadowrun: Dragonfall games past weeks (http://harebrained-schemes.com/shadowru ... n-returns/). With free games I've been mostly playing rogue-likes: I'm looking forward to next few months when we can expect for Linux:
I played Wasteland 2 on it and it's running great on Linux Mint 17 Cinnamon. I also installed Breach & Clear, Anomaly Defenders and Xcom. All games linux native and running perfectly!

No more Windows for me since linux get good stuff (new linux user here!)
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Playing Wasteland 2 at the moment; works fine on Intel HD 3000 Graphics (SandyBridge generation Intel Core i5 processor), but for now it needs a workaround for a bug that makes travel impossible: http://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/co ... _graphics/.

Fun game, though the interface isn't intuitive and the manual does a poor job explaining how things work. I had to Google a lot of things, like how weapon smithing works. Annoying quirks like when you exit an area (moving from overland into a building for example) and enter it again, the camera isn't in the same position. Quite disorienting. I feel things like these should have been caught in playtesting. Inventory management becomes a drag (too much junk, but you need the money). Story and exploration is fun, though some things become very repetitive (oh, another trapped and locked safe... let me disarm the trap, and unlock it...). I'd give it a 6.5 out of 10 for the interface and 8 out of 10 for the story :)
xuanhuong

Post by xuanhuong »

I play,

Dota2
League of legends
Megazell

Post by Megazell »

I am playing

Left 4 Dead 2
Serious Sam 3
Cubemen
Cubemen 2
Killing Floor
Receiver
Xonotic
Flat0ut
Pixel Junk Shooter
The Running Dead
DooMRL
Project Zomboid

Looking forward to

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel
UnReal World
HarzVieh

Post by HarzVieh »

X3: Albion Prelude.. I did play almost all X series games from Egosoft.. since there is now very good port for Linux.. when I do have very old PC for repair, I do play Alpha Centauri and Alien Crossfire with help of Wine.. it's very old Window 98 times game, but it let me not forget it somehow.. 8) can't even hope someone will port it for Linux.. :|
JohnBobSmith

Post by JohnBobSmith »

Anything and everything by Valve, including...
Counter Strike: Source and Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Half Life (need to get HL2!!)
Portal 1 and 2
Team fortress 2

Other games:
Sid Meirs civilization 5
Don't starve (once I install it)

Software:
Leadwerks game engine.

Looking forward to more FPS/RTS/RPG games being ported to Linux. May get RUST or something like that as my next big purchase! :)
jayleemor

Post by jayleemor »

Just made the switch to linux from windows. Going "cold turkey" (no windows back-up machine). I have several games in my steam library I had completely forgot about. So I will be starting Trine, followed by Trine 2 and the Amnesia games. :D
JohnBobSmith

Post by JohnBobSmith »

jayleemor wrote:Just made the switch to linux from windows. Going "cold turkey" (no windows back-up machine). ...
:shock: Going cold turkey to Linux is quite a switch! I wish you the best in your sudden Linux adventure.

As for games, I'm writing my own games, 'cause why not. :)

Now to fix the latest segmentation fault, SDL Invalid Renderer, and general non-workingness of my current project.... :x
Megazell

Post by Megazell »

jayleemor wrote:Just made the switch to linux from windows. Going "cold turkey" (no windows back-up machine). I have several games in my steam library I had completely forgot about. So I will be starting Trine, followed by Trine 2 and the Amnesia games. :D
Welcome to the club :) I did that years ago - Left cold turkey and it's been an adventure that has paid off nicely.
camdy

Post by camdy »

playing dragon age: Inquisition on my vista box

looking forward to gog.com making more games work on mint :D
mintmike83

Post by mintmike83 »

Day Of Defeat:Source @ Steam and Ski Jump Mania 2 @ facebook.

Return to “Gaming”