Cairo-Dock applications menu can not be edited

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Girafenaine

Cairo-Dock applications menu can not be edited

Post by Girafenaine »

Hello,

I've got a problem with Cairo-Dock. I use Cairo-Dock 3.4 installed from the ppa, activated Open GL, on LM 17.2 Cinnamon 32 bits. I like it and I have unactivated the Cinnamon menu, task bar and systray so I have only Cairo-Dock on my desktop.

But the "applications menu" put forward by Cairo-Dock can not be edited, and I am not able to change anything in the menu, submenus and listed applications. That is a shame because I don't like them. When I right-click on the menu icon, I should be able to configure the menu in the editor that pops up. However the edited menu is not the cairo-dock applications menu. I can edit the whole thing but Cairo-Dock applications menu won't change at all.

Is seems that cairo-dock applications menu is different from the default cinnamon menu. Perhaps a link toward the default cinnamon menu could be missing in the cairo-dock config ? I had a look in the files entitled cairo-something, but I didn't find any menu config file. How can I edit the Cairo-Dock applications menu ?

Note 1: I installed Cairo-Dock applet MintMenu, but I did not succeed in installing MintMenu itself. When I launch mintmenu I get the following message and nothing happens :
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gi/overrides/Gtk.py:50: RuntimeWarning: You have imported the Gtk 2.0 module. Because Gtk 2.0 was not designed for use with introspection some of the interfaces and API will fail. As such this is not supported by the pygobject development team and we encourage you to port your app to Gtk 3 or greater. PyGTK is the recomended python module to use with Gtk 2.0
warnings.warn(warn_msg, RuntimeWarning)
Note 2: I installed alacarte which is another menu editor. When I launch alacarte, I can edit the right cairo-dock cinnamon menu. However the changes are not saved, and the menu stay in its initial configuration.

Anyone to help me a little ?

Girafenaine
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”