Is there a way to install Kwin effects only

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
themintmate

Is there a way to install Kwin effects only

Post by themintmate »

Hi guys,

I wonder if there is a way to install only kwin effects without windows manager, because I really do not like the default themes for kde, but I like cube effects and other eye candies .

Or if there is no way to install effects only how to use mint themes with kwin - is there a way for that?

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Is there a way to install Kwin effects only

Post by xenopeek »

Moved your topic here.

You can't use KWin effects without using KWin. If you want efffect use Linux Mint 17.1 MATE or 17.1 Xfce. Both come with Compiz installed which offers some of the effects that KWin has. To head the question off, no you can't use Compiz with Cinnamon. You could use Compiz on KDE, but you already have KWin on KDE.
themintmate

Re: Is there a way to install Kwin effects only

Post by themintmate »

xenopeek wrote:Moved your topic here.

You can't use KWin effects without using KWin. If you want efffect use Linux Mint 17.1 MATE or 17.1 Xfce. Both come with Compiz installed which offers some of the effects that KWin has. To head the question off, no you can't use Compiz with Cinnamon. You could use Compiz on KDE, but you already have KWin on KDE.
Thanks for the reply. I triend compiz, and I find it qute good, but there is some particular effects that are better in kde. Anyway, I guess that compiz is the way to go :)

Thanks again!

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”