Conky,show internet speed in megabits not megabytes

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
newGui2014

Conky,show internet speed in megabits not megabytes

Post by newGui2014 »

I have gigabit speed and i want my conky to show my internet speed in megabits not megabytes,How to modife code?,not find relevant answer on google
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Habitual

Re: Conky,show internet speed in megabits not megabytes

Post by Habitual »

show us the

Code: Select all

[code]
[/code]
newGui2014

Post by newGui2014 »

${font Arial:bold:size=10}${color Tan2}NETWORK ${color DarkSlateGray}${hr 2}
$font${color #A4A4A4}IP on eth0 $alignr ${addr eth0}
Public IP: $alignr ${execi 3600 wget -O - -q icanhazip.com}

${color light red}Down $alignr ${downspeed eth0}
${color green}Up $alignr ${upspeed eth0}

${color #084B8A}Downloaded: $alignr ${totaldown eth0}
Uploaded: $alignr ${totalup eth0}
Jim Hauser

Post by Jim Hauser »

This is the Conky code that works for me.... (Mint 17.1 KDE 64 bit)

Code: Select all

number of net samples to average
# set to 1 to disable averaging
net_avg_samples 1
${color}Network  Inbound ${color green}${downspeed eth0}
${color}${color green}${downspeedgraph eth0 30,0}
${color}Network Outbound ${color green}${upspeed eth0}
${color}${color green}${upspeedgraph eth0 30,0}
Inbound and outbound to graphs

Hope it helps....

Cheers,

Jim
Last edited by Jim Hauser on Tue May 26, 2015 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newGui2014

Post by newGui2014 »

Not chage its swoing megabytes,i want megabits
Jim Hauser

Post by Jim Hauser »

My mistake.... I read things reversed
JohnBobSmith

Post by JohnBobSmith »

Why not convert the units in the script? :?

Take your number in Megabytes, divide by 0.125, and get the Megabits equivalent. So a 20MB/s connection would be 160Mbps. Simple, elegant, and efficient. :)
newGui2014

Post by newGui2014 »

How to do that?
JohnBobSmith

Post by JohnBobSmith »

I'm a bit upset with some real life issues at the moment, sorry if I come across as rude. But please don't ask me to spoon feed you answers...

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=conky+division
newGui2014

Post by newGui2014 »

i googleit and cant find the conky formula to sow internet speed in megabits
JohnBobSmith

Post by JohnBobSmith »

JohnBobSmith wrote:... Take your number in Megabytes, divide by 0.125, and get the Megabits equivalent. So a 20MB/s connection would be 160Mbps. Simple, elegant, and efficient. :)
If you can't do basic division when I have given you the formula, then please stay as far away from programming as possible because it is not for you. With that said,
JohnBobSmith wrote:... please don't ask me to spoon feed you answers...
newGui2014

Post by newGui2014 »

Im stupid,ok,i dont know programing,i have a conky theme and i want to show mee network speed in megabits not in megabytes, i searched on google and cant find anything,if somendoy give mee the code i glad say thanks
JusTertii

Post by JusTertii »

Mate, they've told you what to do.
JohnBobSmith wrote:... Take your number in Megabytes, divide by 0.125, and get the Megabits equivalent. So a 20MB/s connection would be 160Mbps. Simple, elegant, and efficient. :)
newGui2014 wrote:,if somendoy give mee the code i glad
I don't think they will, because then you wouldn't learn anything, right? So they're telling you how to do it. Maybe thank JBS for his kind help.
JohnBobSmith

Post by JohnBobSmith »

JusTertii wrote:Mate, they've told you what to do.
newGui2014 wrote:,if somendoy give mee the code i glad
I don't think they will, because then you wouldn't learn anything, right? So they're telling you how to do it. Maybe thank JBS for his kind help.
Thank you, JusTertii. This could not have been worded better. If newGui2014 had code that he was stuck on, or some evidence of trying at least a bit, I'd be more willing to help. But when I give him the formula, and a post or two later he says he can't find it, well.... That makes me want to help you a LOT less. Especially considering I got the formula (divide by 0.125) from a google search.

With that said, the goal is not to be offensive. I just would hate for someone to rely heavily on someone/something else to the point where it makes said person not capable of helping themselves. If the someone/something was suddenly gone, that would be game over for you. I hope you see what I'm getting at.

Anyhow newGui2014, if you've figured this conky stuff out, it'd be nice if you can edit the first post and add the words "solved" in the subject. No other actions are needed, and I think that it is time to say goodbye to this thread.
newGui2014

Post by newGui2014 »

Its not solved because i cant findit,i still search that.What is the serach?I searched :''conky show megabit instead of megabytes''transform megabits in megabytes in conky'' and a lot moore and cant findit a single world or a single themes can show megabits.I download with 50-80 megabytes per second and i want to conky show mee istead 70 megabytes/second show 560 megabits/second

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”