Fading text /w compiz

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
yzapriest

Fading text /w compiz

Post by yzapriest »

After activating Compiz i have fading text, nearly unreadable.

When i hower with mouse arround its normal again.. when moving mouse off text, it starts dissapear again..

Possible solution?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
DrHu

Re: Fading text /w compiz

Post by DrHu »

If it's not a compiz effects fadeouts/transparency then it is just a matter of the themes you have used
--the easiest way for me in that situation would be turn off all compiz effects settings and add them back one at a time until I find the item that causes the fadeout for the text
  • Or more intelligently, I would be looking at fades, transparency : contrast/brightness and colors..
Compiz info
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CompositeManager
http://www.howtogeek.com/167674/how-to- ... l-effects/
yzapriest

Post by yzapriest »

Yes, i try to reset Compiz to defaults and try it again. But i think this happens on default setting. Using 349 NV driver.
yzapriest

Post by yzapriest »

Aight, i have sorted out problem, when i turn on OpenGL, fading-pulsing-fading out text is presented.
Tryed every possible configuration, resolution.. seems like this is bug with opengl mode - or i have messed up settings in my NVcontrol panell.
Also tryed to change font+disable AA (fonts AA).
yzapriest

Post by yzapriest »

I have rearched whole net.. and asked few linuxers about this.. NO solution.
Then i have remember that i have been solving "resolution issue" when drivers installed.
So i restarted system, not just relog.. and it works like hell.. lol.

We (past win users) need to be noticed about restart required.. only two times this happens. Drivers+activating compiz.

Anyway, thanks for help and usefull links.
You can mark this as solved.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”