[Solved] Help Please.

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Mattyboy

[Solved] Help Please.

Post by Mattyboy »

First off Hi guys 'n gals new member here, first post.

System spec's: Mint 17.1 cinnamon 32bit ( 64bit Inux doesn't support my MOBO ) version 2.4.6 Kernal 3.13.0-37 generic. Processer AMD FX 6300 6xcore. RAM 8GB. Graphics Radeon R9 270X.

Current Theme: Minty.

Desktop Screenshot:

http://i.imgur.com/uU2Y1n3.png

Been using Linux for about a year now and after various distro hopping I've finally settled on Mint... Microsoft is now a dirty word in my house :D

I'm looking for some help customizing my desktop. As you can see I've activated top and bottom panels. My issue, or rather my preffered desire is to move certain panel applets between the two panels. Ideally have my network monitor ( in green ) and the open windows or programs ( qbitorrent in the screenshot etc ) at the bottom. Now obviously I've worked out that if you rick click on a panel you are given the option to 'add applets to this panel'. However I've repeatedly tried this and the newly activated applet snaps stright to the top panel. I've also tried this by switiching the Edit panel mode to on ( Although I freely admit I don't fully understand the edit panel mode ). I've restarted cinnamon and the computer after attempts but alas so far have been unsuccessful.

I've made a few searches and looked through these forums for possible 'solutions' to this 'issue' and I'm sure its probably something really easy that I'm just missing but I figured it's time I asked.

So just to confirm how do I move my network monitor and the open windows/programs to the botton panel while leaving everything else on top?

Many thanks, in advance, for taking the time to read this and any advise you can offer. :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WinterTroubles

Re: Help Please.

Post by WinterTroubles »

I'm not on my Cinnamon machine at present and it's been a while since I set my panel up, but if memory serves then to re-arrange items on the panel (or to move them between panels) you need to turn 'panel edit mode' on and then you can simply drag and drop items to your desired location.

If my memory is inaccurate then my apologies, I hope this helps though.
WT
Mattyboy

Re: Help Please.

Post by Mattyboy »

Yup, your memory serves you well :) That did it. Knew it would be somthing simple, how I missed that I'll never know, naturally I now feel a tad stupid :oops: Thanks very much :mrgreen:
WinterTroubles

Re: [Solved] Help Please.

Post by WinterTroubles »

You're welcome :D

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”