[Solved] Loosing 3 of 4 desktops when Compiz is active

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Centauri39
Level 4
Level 4

[Solved] Loosing 3 of 4 desktops when Compiz is active

Post by Centauri39 »

Hi folks!
I'm on Reb.-MATE (32-bit) and I've added a 2nd taskbar (it's hiding automatically) on the top edge of my screen.
I've added the desktop switcher to that bar to let me switch between 4 desktops there.

After playing around with Compiz and its Cube for a while, where I moved some windows between these 4 desktops, I suddenly lost 3 of the 4 desktops.
The desktop switcher was showing only one desktop then and moving windows to another desktop was not possible anymore.

Then I tried add a new desktop switcher to the ordinary taskbar on the bottom edge of my screen.
This one, too, had one desktop only, and moving windows was not possible there either.

The only way to get back desktop 2, 3 and 4 was to reboot Mint.

But after enabling Compiz... same story again.

How can I get back each of my 4 desktops, even with Compiz enabled, please?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
WinterTroubles

Re: Reb.-MATE - loosing 3 of 4 desktops when Compiz is activ

Post by WinterTroubles »

I don't use Compiz myself, but have seen mentioned many times that the setting for the number of workspaces/desktops when using Compiz is in 'Compiz settings', rather that in 'Workspace settings' as (I believe, IIRC) it is when Compiz is turned off.
Hopefully your issue is simply that the number of workspaces is set to one in compiz settings.

Link to my source http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 10#p901010

Regards
WT
Centauri39
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Centauri39 »

Wow, great!!! :-D
With your helping hand, I've got it fixed now.
I was afraid of reinstalling the entire system already.
Thank you very much for preserving me from that!!!
WinterTroubles

Post by WinterTroubles »

You are welcome :D

If you haven't already you can mark this topic solved by following the simple method outlined in my signature below :wink:

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”