<SOLVED>Need help with compiz settings in Mint 17.1

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fuzzm4n

<SOLVED>Need help with compiz settings in Mint 17.1

Post by Fuzzm4n »

I just upgraded to Linux Mint 17.1 MATE 32bit and compiz was working until I went into CompizConfig Settings Manager to look at the options as I wanted to change the size of the workspace switcher in the dock. Since I went in there compiz does not work at all. It removed all settings and cannot change workspaces, no close buttons, etc. All options in the configure tool for compiz are unchecked. I went back to Marco temporarily until this is resolved. Can someone post the defaults for compiz that was configured in the new update to Mint 17.1? Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: Need help with compiz settings in Mint 17.1

Post by all41 »

Can you not get this booting the the live medium?

added: double ds on me--I see that you did the upgrade.
Which file specifically do you need?
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
Fuzzm4n

Post by Fuzzm4n »

I have yet to look at the compiz settings on a live CD. I will burn one and look at the settings. I think I got most of the settings fixed through watching people on Youtube set it up and have added some animation effects. I have yet to get print screen to work though.
Fuzzm4n

Post by Fuzzm4n »

It is just my settings that are gone for compiz and I just need to figure out what boxes need to be checked and options that need to be enabled or tweaked. I have compiz working at the moment but am still playing with the options. I have yet to get printscreen to work under it though.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

So many pages, tabs, and options--a LOT to play with.
I plan on keeping a log of the settings I change so I can reverse my steps when the unexpected happens.
I have the iso on usb for reference.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
Fuzzm4n

Post by Fuzzm4n »

I was finally able to export the profile from the live CD. I had to enable GSettings Configuration Backend as Flat-file Configuration Backend would not allow me to add another profile. Not all settings transferred over like color schemes. I will look at what else is missing. For the screenshot I went to Gnome Compatibility and changed gnome-screenshot, gnome-screenshot --window, gnome-terminal to mate-screenshot, mate-screenshot --window, mate-terminal. I will log into the live CD to verify that those are correct.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”