[Solved] Conky Displaying Only Part Of The Widget?

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
myedroid

[Solved] Conky Displaying Only Part Of The Widget?

Post by myedroid »

Hey guys,

Running Mint KDE 17, installed conky-all and conky-manager from the Software Manager. I chose a Deluxe Theme Pack, and went through it until I found the one I liked. The Preview image of what it should look like, can be found here.

Unfortunately, when I use it, it looks like this image found here. (I have also attached both files.)

Note the black, rather than the brushed metal texture, and the lack of graphical indication for the stats.

I checked the conky FAQ and also some hits from Google, and changed the 'own_window_type' line in the conkyrc file from normal to desktop, but no change ocurred. Now I am sitting here scratching my head. I also tried the different transperancy settings in conky manager to see if that would help but it does not.

Anyone recognize my trouble and know what I can do about it?

Thanks!

***EDIT***

I happened to reload conky manager from the command line, not sure what was different this time, and got this output:

Code: Select all

[14:02:27] Searching for conkyrc files... 287 found
Conky: llua_load: cannot open /home/user/.conky/clock0_rings.lua: No such file or directory
Conky: desktop window (1e00b57) is subwindow of root window (2ba)
Conky: window type - desktop
Conky: drawing to created window (0x5800001)
Conky: drawing to double buffer
Conky: llua_do_call: function conky_clock_rings execution failed: attempt to call a nil value
Conky: Unable to load image '/home/user/.conky/logo.png'
Conky: llua_do_call: function conky_clock_rings execution failed: attempt to call a nil value
Conky: received SIGINT or SIGTERM to terminate. bye!
Now, I navigated to ~/.conky but the files, clock)_rings.lua and the file logo.png were actually found in ~/.conky/themes/Hy-lua/clock0_rings.lua.

potentially because of how i manually extracted this while struggling with getting these into conky-manager?

Anyway, I found the conkyrc file in the ~/.conky/themes/Hy-lua/ directory, and edited it to path correctly to the two items. I ran the widget and had rings!

I realized the brushed metal background was probably due to the wallpaper used on the machine of whoever took the screenshot, and SHOULD be picking up my desktop wallpaper but instead was displaying black. So I ran back out to the conky FAQ page, installed Feh and ran the script there in terminal and it worked! Now I just have to add it to startup!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”