Docky loses docklets

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
gopher38
Level 1
Level 1

Docky loses docklets

Post by gopher38 »

Hello,

I'm on Mint 13 Mate with Docky installed. Love Docky (have it on a bunch of other machines without issue), but here, I have a problem. Docky keeps losing the Bookmarks, Recent, and Trash docklets. About every fourth boot for the machine, those will be gone and I have to re-add them to the Dock. Wondering if anyone knows of a way to save the Dock state and restore it from the command line? If that's possible, seems like the easiest fix might be to run the restore command at start up. Anyone know how to do that? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
gopher38
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Docky loses docklets

Post by gopher38 »

well, not a great solution, but I got sick of losing these docklets. so I found the config file under ~/.gconf/Apps/lotsofsubfolders/Interface/%gconf.xml
I made a copy of that, then I wrote a startup script to restore the backup, kill and restart docky. Seems to work. Ciao.

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”