Desktop Weather replacement for conkyForecast

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Habitual

Desktop Weather replacement for conkyForecast

Post by Habitual »

Hello:
Do you love having weather data on the desktop, as I do?

Well, if you do, I'd like to introduce you to the new conky+LUA script that outshines conkyForecast by a mile. And unlike conkyForecast, it does 10 day weather forecasts!
conkyForecast is as dead as Elvis. It just doesn't work for most folks (mine still does but I love the new program even more)

This cutting edge conky+LUA script utilizes a feature not seen in modern conkies by the introduction of Clickable buttons. A Feature that has lots of conky addicts chomping at the bit.

mrpeachy has been at the top of his game.
falldown is responsible for the high quality weather images and the coding of iweather_falldown.lua.
Making this package a solid "Keeper" for Desktop Weather addicts and desktop eye-candy enthusiasts everywhere.

Each of the 10 day buttons down the right hand side is clickable and will cause the main windows of the applet to show forecast for that particular day.

The attachment shown is using the iweather_falldown.lua called by

Code: Select all

conky -c ~/wun/conky_configs/wunrci
(used by default in wunrci) but there are several templates to choose from.

This only needs a couple of tweaks out of the box to have it up and running in no time.

in ~/wun/wun_config.lua...
An API key (key="<yourAPIkey>",)
Change all occurrences of /home/mcdowall to your user name (/home/<user>)
location="ST/City",

in ~/wun/wun.lua...
Change
username=<user> (your login userid or name)
pathtowun='/home/<user>/wun/'

NOTE: This script works for users all over the world and includes options to use either Metric or Imperial readouts.

Enjoy the Goodness!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Sector11

Re: Desktop Weather replacement for conkyForecast

Post by Sector11 »

Habitual wrote:conkyForecast is as dead as Elvis. It just doesn't work for most folks (mine still does but I love the new program even more)
Still works for people in the US ... from everything I can gather, if you have the old XOAP_PARTNER_ID & XOAP_LICENCE_KEY.

However this about wunderground and mrpeachys WUN lua script that is an evolutionary step up the rung from conkyForecast (that did 10 days as well) and will become a favourite in no time I'm sure.

It has my vote!

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”