KDE 4.11.1 and Cairo Dock

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mrwes

KDE 4.11.1 and Cairo Dock

Post by mrwes »

I've installed Cairo dock and it seems to work very well; however, in the Applications Menu | Internet I have two Chrome and two FireFox icons. For the life of me I can figure how to remove one.

Thanks,
Bill
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: KDE 4.11.1 and Cairo Dock

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Bill.

3 Threads about the same question? Do you really think this is adequate? Or bring you more helpful replies?
Duplicate #1 [url=http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=212&t=145039]KDE 4.11.1 and Cairo Dock[/url]
Duplicate #2 [url=http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=212&t=145040]KDE 4.11.1 and Cairo Dock[/url]
As long as no-one has replied you might visit your own duplicates and click on the little [X] button (delete post) which will be displayed right of the [Edit] button, but only as long as no-one has posted a reply.

Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Bill.
I've installed Cairo dock and it seems to work very well; however, in the Applications Menu | Internet I have two Chrome and two FireFox icons. For the life of me I can figure how to remove one.
I do not use KDE. Therefore I cannot really tell you where in the menus it can be found and what its name will be exactly.
Yet, here on Cinnamon, there is [Menu] => Preferences => Menu Editor.
This menu item will launch a menu editor which allows you to navigate through the menu structure. So I could go to the submenu internet, select one of the two Chrome icons and disable the property "visible" on one, select one of the two Firefox icons and disable the property "visible" on one. Goal achieved.

Hm, here on Cinnamon right clicking on the [Menu] button in the lower lefthand corner offers the item "Edit menu".
And guess what: right, it launches the menu editor.
I would be amazed if the [Menu] button on Mint KDE did not offer the same feature.

Yet, there are a few experienced KDE users here in the forum who will know and who might be willing to share their knowledge.

Kind regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 762 days now.
Lifeline
mrwes

Post by mrwes »

karlchen wrote:Hello, Bill.

3 Threads about the same question? Do you really think this is adequate? Or bring you more helpful replies?
Duplicate #1 [url=http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=212&t=145039]KDE 4.11.1 and Cairo Dock[/url]
Duplicate #2 [url=http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=212&t=145040]KDE 4.11.1 and Cairo Dock[/url]
As long as no-one has replied you might visit your own duplicates and click on the little [X] button (delete post) which will be displayed right of the [Edit] button, but only as long as no-one has posted a reply.

Kind regards,
Karl
I'm not a newbie when it comes to posting in forums. With that said, I did not make three separate threads. I have no idea what happened, and will delete the other threads. When I went back to check for replies, I saw the other threads -- weird.

Bill
mrwes

Post by mrwes »

karlchen wrote:Hello, Bill.
I do not use KDE. Therefore I cannot really tell you where in the menus it can be found and what its name will be exactly.
Yet, here on Cinnamon, there is [Menu] => Preferences => Menu Editor.
This menu item will launch a menu editor which allows you to navigate through the menu structure. So I could go to the submenu internet, select one of the two Chrome icons and disable the property "visible" on one, select one of the two Firefox icons and disable the property "visible" on one. Goal achieved.

Hm, here on Cinnamon right clicking on the [Menu] button in the lower lefthand corner offers the item "Edit menu".
And guess what: right, it launches the menu editor.
I would be amazed if the [Menu] button on Mint KDE did not offer the same feature.

Yet, there are a few experienced KDE users here in the forum who will know and who might be willing to share their knowledge.

Kind regards,
Karl
Karl,

Yes KDE has exactly the same menu editing feature and I did in fact use it. The menu editor does not show the duplicate icons for Firefox, that only shows in the cairo-dock Applicaitons Menu.

Bill
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hi, Bill.

Oops, sorry, the crucial term is "cairo-dock". Should have paid attention. :oops:
Explaining how to modify the normal Mint menu will not help in this case.
And the only thing which I know about "cairo-dock" is that it exists, i.e. nothing, so I'd better keep quiet now. :oops:

About the tripple thread: No offence meant. Seems to be an proof of one of Murphy's laws: s..t h.....s. Never mind. :wink:

Hopefully someone else chimes in who reads more carefully than I di and who has got some fundamental knowledge in handling "cairo-dock".

Cheers,
Karl
Lifeline

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”