Help with this Conky please

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
evil_jester91

Help with this Conky please

Post by evil_jester91 »

This is my first attempt editing a Conky which i saw on the show off thread and spent what seems a life time trying to get it to how i want it managed to change the colors (which im thinking of changing again) and removed part of it but im having trouble with re-arranging it i basically want the time at the top and system info at the bottom but i just cant figure it out.

This is what ive done so far opened up rings-v1.2.1.lua file and edited it so that all the info is flipped over which i thought was how it would work as ive done the same with the conky file to move the text around (Hope that all makes sense). But when i save the rings file nothing changes so i take it im going about it the wrong way, can anyone shed some light on this matter for me?

thanks

[img]http://img534.imageshack.us/img534/251/mz3.png[/img]
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Help with this Conky please

Post by JosephM »

While I am not familiar with the exact conky rings lua you are using, I have used some of these before. As you discovered changing the order does not work like it does in the conky config file. In the lua file each section should contain an x and y coordinate. These control where the rings are placed inside of the conky window. For example, you will have a section with name='time'. Inside this section you should find something like x=100, y=150. Change the x and y values to move that particular ring.

Hopefully that helps with the particular setup you are using. It takes some patience to move that many rings around and placed properly. I actually found it was easier to start a new file and copy each new piece in one at a time and make adjustments until I had it built back up the way I wanted it. Good Luck.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
evil_jester91

Post by evil_jester91 »

JosephM wrote:While I am not familiar with the exact conky rings lua you are using, I have used some of these before. As you discovered changing the order does not work like it does in the conky config file. In the lua file each section should contain an x and y coordinate. These control where the rings are placed inside of the conky window. For example, you will have a section with name='time'. Inside this section you should find something like x=100, y=150. Change the x and y values to move that particular ring.

Hopefully that helps with the particular setup you are using. It takes some patience to move that many rings around and placed properly. I actually found it was easier to start a new file and copy each new piece in one at a time and make adjustments until I had it built back up the way I wanted it. Good Luck.
thanks alot will have a play around with it now
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

http://u-scripts.blogspot.com/2010/08/rings-sectors-widgets.html

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”