Anybody wanna answer this? I've been waiting for a month....

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
~Hawk~

Anybody wanna answer this? I've been waiting for a month....

Post by ~Hawk~ »

Hello everyone,

So I just installed Linux Mint 15 (Cinnamon), and decided I wanted to install this theme: http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Aqua+aero.?content=72934

Now, it's a compiz theme, so I installed Compiz and ran the following command:

Code: Select all

compiz --replace
Buuut that seems to have messed up my Linux a bit. How do I fix the damage I've done? I've already uninstalled Compiz, but how do I undo the --replace command?

Also, how do I install this theme so my environment looks more like I'm used to?

And finally, how do I get a taskbar that's more like the Windows taskbar (large and with icons, with all applications under one icon)?

P.S.: Also, is there a version of Skype that will highlight unread messages, like the Windows version, or will I just have to deal with it?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
~Hawk~

Re: Compiz and Compiz Themes, Skype, and Windows Taskbar

Post by ~Hawk~ »

Anybody?

Please?
~Hawk~

Re: Compiz and Compiz Themes, Skype, and Windows Taskbar

Post by ~Hawk~ »

Bump.
passerby

Re: Anybody wanna answer this? I've been waiting for a month

Post by passerby »

~Hawk~ wrote:Hello everyone,
Buuut that seems to have messed up my Linux a bit. How do I fix the damage I've done? I've already uninstalled Compiz, but how do I undo the --replace command?
The --replace should only last for the session, in which case uninstalling compiz and restarting should have undone that particular command.
Make sure muffin (what I presume compiz would replace?) is still installed. (and/or try muffin --replace)
~Hawk~ wrote: And finally, how do I get a taskbar that's more like the Windows taskbar (large and with icons, with all applications under one icon)?
There should be a setting for the size of the panel somewhere under Panel in Cinnamon Settings.
If the default menu isn't to your liking, check out some of the alternatives here: http://cinnamon-spices.linuxmint.com/applets
As for the icons, I believe one of the default applets lets you add launchers to the panel.
~Hawk~ wrote: P.S.: Also, is there a version of Skype that will highlight unread messages, like the Windows version, or will I just have to deal with it?
That feature doesn't appear to be available for Skype on linux.
WharfRat

Post by WharfRat »

I can only answer two :!:
~Hawk~ wrote:Now, it's a compiz theme, so I installed Compiz and ran the following command:

Code: Select all
compiz --replace

That would only last for the session unless it was scripted and added to startup applications. Any problems you're experiencing is not related to that.
~Hawk~ wrote:Also, how do I install this theme so my environment looks more like I'm used to?
That's an emerald theme. Emerald is not in the mint repos, but if you google emerald theme manager you should find a ppa for it.
~Hawk~

Post by ~Hawk~ »

Awesome, thanks!
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

Moved here as it was posted in the wrong section

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”