Conky all around help

Add functionality to your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nemacx

Conky all around help

Post by nemacx »

Hello everyone, this is my first post and cry for help :D

These are the my problems considering conky. I'm currently running Linux Mint 14 Nadia - Cinnamon, and trying to make conky boot at startup. So in startup applications i insert name - conky, command - conky, and it boots, but it hides my bottom panel and desktop icons. What's the catch?

Cheers!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Conky all around help

Post by viking777 »

If it is too big or in the wrong place then you need to edit ~/.conkyrc - not an easy task, if you read the help files:
http://conky.sourceforge.net/config_settings.html
It is sometimes easier to search the web for "conky config" where you will get thousands of results, have a look through for one you like the look of and then just copy the config file to your home directory.

There have also been various efforts to automate the whole difficult process eg.

removed/updates/Ubuntu/12.04/?q=conky
nemacx

Post by nemacx »

Thanks for the help, i really appreciate it, this is what i have managed to do to my system now:

http://www.dodaj.rs/f/2C/11r/2I0guw3E/s ... 13-02-.png
Orbmiser

Post by Orbmiser »

Yep always comes down to tweaking the dimension of overall sizes.
Also not if using wifi the scripts I've used needed eth0 change for ethernet changed to wlan0 when using wifi.

For quick changes and seeing results I kill conky then run in term for testing as can kill conky with a Ctrl-c in term and rerun.
Also leave text editor open with .conkyrc file when changes are made and saved then conky will restart automatically where you can see the changes automatically updated.
Habitual

Post by Habitual »

Code: Select all

alignment 
gap_x
gap_y
values

Return to “Compiz, Conky, Docks & Widgets”