Created my first Linux Mint app: Login Image Changer

Style your desktop
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
primaryobjects

Created my first Linux Mint app: Login Image Changer

Post by primaryobjects »

Hey, I just recently installed Linux Mint and have been really impressed. One thing missing, however, was the ability to automatically change the background image on the login screen. So, I read through some bash tutorials, and put together my first Linux app. I figured I would post it here to contribute to the community.

Login Image Changer

To use it, download and run the bash script in a terminal. Pick a folder of images (to randomly select from) and then find the background image of your currently installed Login theme. GDM themes are located in /usr/share/mdm/themes. HTML themes are located in /usr/share/mdm/html-themes. Open the "Login Window" applet to find which theme you currently have installed. The screenshots on the link above hopefully explain this better.

The app may also work in other Linux distros. I've tested it on Linux Mint thus far. Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bimme

Re: Created my first Linux Mint app: Login Image Changer

Post by bimme »

Very nice, I bookmarked your webpage. I've only been on Linux some 3 weeks, so I'm not very good in knowing how exactly to get things done. Once my confidence level rises I'll give it a try.
Mangar

Re: Created my first Linux Mint app: Login Image Changer

Post by Mangar »

Thank you primaryobjects, I will try it when I get home later Monday. Looks/sounds very interesting so far.

Return to “Themes, Icons & Wallpaper”