Disable auto lock while on home network

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
MattTwinkleToes
Level 2
Level 2

Disable auto lock while on home network

Post by MattTwinkleToes »

Hello, I have been wondering if there is a way to disable the screen lock while i'm connected to my home network (wireless). I guess it should be possible but I dont really know how to join the dot's on this particular issue.

While i'm out and about or at work i do want it to lock after a period of inactivity which it does just fine, i just dont want it to auto lock when i'm at home and i dont want to manually change the settings every time.

A script to check to see if my wifi SSID = myssid and if it does then do not lock the screen is what i had i mind but i simply dont understand yet what needs to be done to get there.

I'm using Cinnamon on mint 17.3.

3.19.0-32-generic #37~14.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Oct 22 09:41:40 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Any ideas or help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
MattTwinkleToes
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Disable auto lock while on home network

Post by Cosmo. »

Add the Inhibit applet to the panel. This allows you to inhibit the power saving settings directly from the popup menu.
MattTwinkleToes
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Disable auto lock while on home network

Post by MattTwinkleToes »

Thanks man, it's a good compromise.

Return to “Cinnamon”