Nemo Search/find window focus timeout

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
NChewie

Nemo Search/find window focus timeout

Post by NChewie »

Hi,

Using CTRL-F to open a find/search window from Nemo 2.8.6. (on Cinnamon on 7.3 Rosa), the focus is (correctly) on the newly opened input box within the search window.
I find that if I type slowly, the search activates before I have the query string fully entered, and the focus has dropped off elsewhere (not sure where :? ) If I click back into the search panel, I can continue typing as expected, but this catches me out often...
Is there a config file that allows me to extend the timeout before the search kicks off?

Cheers,
NChewie
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Nemo Search/find window focus timeout

Post by Cosmo. »

No, there isn't. IMO the new feature is buggy and the problem is not consistent. If the focus got lost and you set it back into the search bar, you can now pause your typing without loosing the focus.

At now there are - as far as I was able to find out - only 2 possibilities: Either setting the focus back with the mouse or - if you don't want to switch to the mouse - press twice ctrl-f and type more quickly.
NChewie

Re: Nemo Search/find window focus timeout

Post by NChewie »

Thanks Cosmo.

Always hoping for some magic config file setting :o

An extra mouse click is not too bad.
I will get used to it soon...

Not as frustrating as having to Right-Click and select Date-Modified then sort on it for every page of results, to get the most recently changed file that matches!

Return to “Cinnamon”