Menu Applet Missing From Panel

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Menu Applet Missing From Panel

Post by Cosmo. »

My astonishment about a panel, that with a width of 1920 pixel and only one application in the window list does nearly fill the complete monitor, is not lesser.

Anyway: Perhaps it helps, if you place a spacer applet to the left of the menu applet.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

The spacer is located just to the left of the User applet so is no help and I see no option to locate it otherwise.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

Another place than to the left will be of no help, but you can adjust the width of the spacer.
Note, this would only be a workaround; I still assume the culprit on another place, e.g. the settings of the tv-monitor.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

I configured the spacer to minimum and maximum length but that has no effect on the panel length or the menu applet position. I also tried every option the tv has and "screen fit" which I had is the only one that works. I even used a position option to move the screen to the right but that was no help either. I think you are barking up the wrong tree.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

Success! I put the panel in editing mode and dragged one of the menu applets from the right side and dropped it on the left of the applet which was visible there. Not there is a menu applet on the left and the panel now looks just like it should. At least as far as the menu applet is concerned.
dddd.png
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

After doing some more panel editing I think I have narrowed the problem down to one applet. It is the system tray. When I move the applets to the left side they look perfect but if I move the system tray over there all of the applets on the left suddenly become cut off. I am going to leave the applets on the left and the system tray applet can stay on the right by itself. Notice that the network icon and the update icon are in the system tray.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

Further, I overfilled the panel with applications and they are all the right size(not cut off). Amazing.
rrr.png
I have noticed another panel problem which only started recently. I have selected auto hide but it is failing to hide sometimes. I just restarted the computer and now the screenshot applet decided to change its icon from the ugly black circular spot to the cool camera icon. If I increase the height of course the ugly one shows up. It seems like about 45% height is the cut off for that icon.
Ozo

Post by Ozo »

I just noticed that the panel had repaired itself. The update icon and network icon which were in the system tray and were cut off have suddenly changed to two separate applets and are not cut off. However, I removed the network applet and then I moved the clock applet over there. As soon as I did that the combined (update/network) came back and is cut off as is the clock.
kroonweb

Re: No Applets, Missing System Tray Bar

Post by kroonweb »

Windows-L starts Melange in Mint 19
|Actions||Reset Cinnamon Settings|
system tray bar is back!!! with all minimized windows, all icons, menu, clock
still wonder how this happened, key shortcut or click, or what

Return to “Cinnamon”