Super+1, 2, 3, etc. for selecting application on Window list

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
cmeeren

Super+1, 2, 3, etc. for selecting application on Window list

Post by cmeeren »

In Windows, I constantly use Windows+1 to switch to the first open application on the window list (or taskbar or whatever it's called), Windows+2 to switch to the second, etc. This is also possible in Unity on Ubuntu. Is this possible in Cinnamon? I haven't found any relevant settings under Keyboard Shortcuts.

Also, on Windows (and Ubuntu/Unity), you can pin applications to the window list, and the "pin" will become active when opening the program (like in Unity). That way you can use e.g. Super+1 to open the first pinned app AND switch to it from another running app. Is this also possible in Cinnamon? (I guess not, it only seems possible to pin programs to a dedicated panel applet that is not the window list).
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Super+1, 2, 3, etc. for selecting application on Window

Post by Cosmo. »

This post might help.
cmeeren

Post by cmeeren »

That does indeed seem to be exactly what I'm looking for. I hope those two plugins can be used together. Thanks!
Penn

Post by Penn »

You're welcome. And the person who wrote the applet probably says the same.
cmeeren

Post by cmeeren »

Just want to mention that this applet solved my problems. Thanks!

Return to “Cinnamon”