saving destop workstations

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
satrah101

saving destop workstations

Post by satrah101 »

Hi all just would like to know if it is possible to save to workstations from desktop environment eg workstation 1 (work) and station 2 home. setting for this will be reused next boot. including windows size and placement of windows

Thanks in advance

PS My first post :)
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MichaelJohn

Re: saving destop workstations

Post by MichaelJohn »

Not 100% on what you are trying to achieve here. Are you trying to set up virtual Mint desktops?
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

If I understand the question correctly, the feature you want would be a profile, that you can store and where you can load one of them to switch the appearance and behavior. If so, the answer is No, Cinnamon does not support profiles.
satrah101

Post by satrah101 »

hi all, Thanks for the reply. iI have no internet at home and i have to wait till i get the the library to re post. When i put my computer into hibernation, it saves the desktop to hard-drive. i use hibernation a lot and i have found after 4 or 5 restart with hibernation the computer get to slow and i have to perform shut down.

For me it is easier to organise desktop on the workstations, shut down and on restart it is back up the way it was when it was shut down. It would be nice if that work can be save, so i don't have to adjust all the applications (terminal office, web-browser ......and so on. this include the size of the application windows . For same reason i don't think this is possible but will continue to look in to it. will post something new when or if i find it

Return to “Cinnamon”