How to scale panel to stay on screen?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Slickums
Level 1
Level 1

How to scale panel to stay on screen?

Post by Slickums »

My previous post about having two panels was Fixed!

But I just discovered that when I have more than 7 open windows, the tabs on the lower panel go off screen. I have tried the "scaling" thing in the panel settings, but it does not affect the off-screen thing.

Is there a way to keep the open tabs on-screen by scaling smaller horizontally, but not vertically?

The panel is setup as "Windows List", with the notification area that has date/time and a few notifications icons in it on the right hand side. When I open a new program/app, the window tab appears just to the left of the notification area, and continues to the left as more are added. I just don't want them to start going off screen when I add more than 7.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: How to scale panel to stay on screen?

Post by all41 »

Right click on the panel with windows list (tabs) and choose 'Add applets to panel'
Scroll down to Windows list then click the configure button, enable the bottom option
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
Slickums
Level 1
Level 1

Re: How to scale panel to stay on screen?

Post by Slickums »

all41,

Thanks. I have a "Windows List" panel on the bottom. The issue is trying to more than 7 window tabs viewable. When I add an 8th window, the tab simply goes off screen to the left.

What I would like to do, if possible, is have the tabs scale down in horizontal size so that all the tabs stay viewable and selectable. Is that possible?

Sorry if I was unclear in my OP.

Return to “Cinnamon”