How do I install the Gnome2/MATE calendar applet in Cinnamon

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
archolman

How do I install the Gnome2/MATE calendar applet in Cinnamon

Post by archolman »

Hello all, I hope this isn't a re-post, my apologies if it is, my search hasn't found it elsewhere.

I want the older applet as it has the drop-down map showing where the terminator is, a very simple graphical indicator that AFICT, isn't in the Cinnamon applet. If it is, I can't configure it to show.
1/. Is it compatible?
2/. Where can I find the applet?
3/. Is there an alternative with the same feature?

Acer TravelMate
Celeron M 1.5GHz
2.0GiB
Mint 2.2.16
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Re: How do I install the Gnome2/MATE calendar applet in Cinn

Post by MtnDewManiac »

You might just not be able to, lol. IDK one way or the other - and I hope that you can, since you wish to do so. But I recently read on one of the comments on Clem's blog (I might be mistaken - it could be Clem's other blog :roll: ) that you can't even run Compiz on Cinnamon because the thing only works with Muffin. (Sort of like how Microsoft Windows OS only uses Windows as its window manager / compositor and woe be to anyone who wishes a different option, I guess?)

I got stomped on pretty good not too long ago in these forums for suggesting that another member try using xscreensaver when he was having issues with Cinnamon's screen blanking gizmo. <SHRUGS> IDK, maybe the Cinnamon camp is infected with a dose of "Not Invented Here Syndrome" or something.... Which is strange - and a little sad - for something associated with linux, but it happens, I guess.

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
archolman

Re: How do I install the Gnome2/MATE calendar applet in Cinn

Post by archolman »

@ MDM
Thanks, I think. :)

Return to “Cinnamon”