One Click Shutdown?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
floppydisks

One Click Shutdown?

Post by floppydisks »

Is there a way to avoid the three click shutdown necessary on Mint 17.2 and remove the useless Hibernate and Suspend options?
It seems such a clunky way to shutdown/restart, click Menu, click icon, click Shutdown or Restart. Even Win 7 is faster than this and it allows you to choose a default option.
Plus how do I get rid of the useless(for me) Hibernate and suspend options?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Re: One Click Shutdown?

Post by MtnDewManiac »

I've configured things so that when I tap my power button it shuts down the computer. I have no idea how to set that up in Cinnamon, though. You might look in whatever it uses as a power management app. For that matter, it may already be configured that way, but I've also seen "do nothing," and suspend happen when I've tapped the power button on other people's computers, so you may have to change the setting.

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

You can set in the settings for the power management how the power button shall react. Choose the option you like.

You can also select between several additional applets for what you want. You can install the applets directly via the applet settings.
AjvarXX

Post by AjvarXX »

Cosmo. wrote:You can set in the settings for the power management how the power button shall react. Choose the option you like.
No, I can't. It means hardware power button settings but OP and me need the same option for Software power button.

SO... here is a Suggestion!
Another option in Power settings called how the Software power button should react with this dropdown menu:
1. Open Shutdown Menu (current menu with 3 options: Restart, Cancel, Shutdown).
2. Restart (instantly restarts your PC when you Left-click it and shows other options when you Right-click it).
3. Shutdown (instantly shutdowns your PC when you Left-click it and shows other options when you Right-click it).
4. Hibernate (instantly hibernates your PC when you Left-click it and shows other options when you Right-click it).
I spent some serious time on this suggestion including drawing as I'm not pro in it so please consider it. This will increase usability without any drawbacks. FULL PICTURE LINK HERE
http://i.imgur.com/ierWphY.png

Return to “Cinnamon”