Setup Dummy Monitor-Headless Setup

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
WesNeary

Setup Dummy Monitor-Headless Setup

Post by WesNeary »

Hi Everyone,

I'm have built a new headless box to work as a vm host, all is configured correctly and works fine, I am now at the point when i am ready to install the box away from site with no monitor attached. After doing this however when i access the box remotely(Using Team viewer, i realise VNC may be better, but team viewer allows for access from any device, like my iPad from a single platform and also over the net without opening FW rules etc) the max display resolution i can set 800*600.

From reading this is because no monitor, again there are various articles on the forums(mainly the ubuntu) suggesting 2 options, 1 to buy an adapter plug(not really an option as i need this working this weekend). The second is to create a dummy monitor config file to fool the box into thinking there is a monitor attached.

I have tried the method for this in another post however it didn't seem to work with Mint(Cinnamon Issue maybe?) So to my question Has anyone managed to create this dummy setup successfully in Mint and if so how?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Cinnamon”