Settings for sgortcuts are buggy

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
EimerWasser

Settings for sgortcuts are buggy

Post by EimerWasser »

I think this problem is absolutly crazy and unbelievable. For a long time I have the shortcuts Super+Left/Right for changing a desktop. For changing a desktop within the current window Super+Shift+Left/Right.
The shortcuts for changing the desktops run both well, the shortcut for changing one desktop to de right within the current window also, but not to the left. Why? My keys are ok on both keyboards, in addition it runs finally when changing only the desktop without the current window. I set changed the shortcut than Alt+Shift+Left and Super+Alt+Left and Super+Shift+up. Every combination runs perfectly. I set this shortcut(Super+Shift+Left) for starting a browser and it ran. Everything runs finally but only a combination of this rainbows shortcut with changing the desktop to the left within the current windows doesn't run.
Sorry, I feel like being in a nuthouse.
I changed Right/Left with Up/Down and Down has exactly the same problem like Left.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Pjotr
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Settings for sgortcuts are buggy

Post by Pjotr »

Which Mint version?
Tip: 10 things to do after installing Linux Mint 21.3 Virginia
Keep your Linux Mint healthy: Avoid these 10 fatal mistakes
Twitter: twitter.com/easylinuxtips
All in all, horse sense simply makes sense.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

What happens, if you use (if needed set) the default shortcuts?
ctrl-alt-left/right for switching desktop
ctrl-shift-alt-left/right for moving the current windows to the other desktop

Super-left/right/up/down are by default used for tiling. Which shortcuts do you have assigned to those functions?
EimerWasser

Post by EimerWasser »

I'm using Linux Mint 17.2 64-bit Cinnamon.

Return to “Cinnamon”