Mint Menu (in Cinnamon) Error

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
TBK

Mint Menu (in Cinnamon) Error

Post by TBK »

I am using LM 17.2 32 bit (which was upgrade from LM 17.1).
I install LM 17.1 Mate 32 bit and then install Cinnamon (current version: 2.6.13; Linux kernel: 3.13.0-37-generic).
Now I can't use Mint Menu, it doesn't show the apps list and other button (power, logout,...) and I haven't see this error before, I try to remove and re-add this applet but it is still the same, then I try to install Configurable Menu but have an error so I can't use it, now I'm using Stark Menu (but I don't like it) to replace temporarily Mint Menu and Configurable Menu.
Can fix this Mint Menu's error, help me?
See the screenshot: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0YPxo ... sp=sharing
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
lestcape
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Mint Menu (in Cinnamon) Error

Post by lestcape »

You have a problem of some invalid characters in some application name. To fix it you need to find the .desktop file that is the cause of this problem. One way is copy all .desktop file to other place and then add it one by one again, i will recommend you not edit it in the cinnamon menu editor, because you will lost the original .desktop. When you find the corrupted .desktop file, please send me the .desktop (the original, not edited). With this example we can find why the menu fail to load, and provide a general solution to configurable menu and also the cinnamon stock menu.

This problem apparently is related with some wine (windows) applications.

The .desktop files can be located at ~/.local/share/applications or /usr/local/share/applications, maybe on other site so locate it.

Regards.
TBK

Re: Mint Menu (in Cinnamon) Error

Post by TBK »

I have reinstalled LM Xfce and I also have installed Cinnamon and now I don't have this problem. But when I see this problem in Cinnamon, Xfce, Mate & KDE still haven't this such problem.
What should I do now? Delete this post or add "solved" into the subject post?

Return to “Cinnamon”