how to enable multiple alt-tab behaviors?

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nicsol

how to enable multiple alt-tab behaviors?

Post by nicsol »

Hi everyone,
I'm a long-time linux user (for servers, command line), but just recently decided to make a serious switch from Windows for personal computing. I've been trying different distros over the last few days, and I've been extremely happy with Mint so far. This is all just to say I'm not a total n00b, but in terms of desktop stuff, I might as well be :lol:

Here's what I'd like to do: I'd like Alt-Tab to show a thumbnail view (I've set this up fine), but then I'd like to set another key combo to show timeline (3d) switching (basically like the standard win7 setup, in which you get thumbnails with alt-tab, and timeline with super-tab). So far, either with config options or extensions, I can't find a way to have two different alt-tab behaviors at once...I can only have on or the other. Does anyone know if this is possible? I'm pretty sure I'll live if the answer's no, but it would be nice :wink:

I'm running Linux Mint 17.2 Rafaela with Cinnamon.

Thanks in advance!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: how to enable multiple alt-tab behaviors?

Post by Cosmo. »

To my knowledge: No.

Have you tried to press ctrl-alt-down? This gives you another kind of overview about the open windows. It's called Scale.
nicsol

Re: how to enable multiple alt-tab behaviors?

Post by nicsol »

Thanks for the reply! Yes, I've tried Scale, thanks. Also very useful. This is by no means a deal-breaker for me. Actually, the major motivation is that I'm trying to get some people in my family to switch as well, (so I wanted to implement as many "good" windows features as possible). I'll keep poking around just for fun, but I have the impression this is actually buried fairly deep in the window manager and won't be that easy to alter.

Return to “Cinnamon”