Mint 17.x Cinnamon unwanted Desktop search

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
tastelikemint

Mint 17.x Cinnamon unwanted Desktop search

Post by tastelikemint »

I am quite new to linux and started maybe a year ago with mint 17.0 CInnamon . Meanwhile I got to 17.2. CInnamon and fixed most issues I had but there is this one thing were I cant find any information or help in my language.

Several times a day I create a new text file or folder on the desktop and start typing. At the end of the day I sort the notes to the list where they belong to. To me its the most fast and efficent way to just create a file, write my note done and thats it for the moment. I tried with note tools but its not what i need.

The issue with Cinnamon (I tested Corora with Cinnamon and it had the same issue) is when I am to fast (less then 1-2 seconds, which is quite long in this process) with starting to type it does not write my note in the file name but a small search text window in the bottom right corner appears and the text is entered there. Once I stop typing the note, it is gone. I tryed to get used to it waiting 2 seconds and then type but often I dont remember to what, because the whole point of making that destop note its so fastly done. So everyday I loss notes since I was to fast and often I do not even recognize that Cinnamon started that (for me useless) desktop search again and my note got lost.

So my question is how can I get rid of this Desktop search feature. I searched through all settings several times but I cant find anything.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Cinnamon”