Sound Applet Open/Quit Player Button Missing Banshee [resolved]

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Chaotajo
Level 1
Level 1

Sound Applet Open/Quit Player Button Missing Banshee [resolved]

Post by Chaotajo »

This seems to be happening quite a bit: When minimizing banshee to the sound applet, then clicking on the sound applet; there are no open or quit banshee buttons (one is an upward arrow, the other is an x). I have to restart Cinnamon in order for the buttons to load. I have to open Banshee from the menu.
soundappletissue.png
Update: sometimes the sound applet will go to default (open a player) even though Banshee is already open. So annoying...

Since the upgrade to Rafaela, the buttons are now in the upper right corner. It seems to be happening a lot less often now. It must be an issue with the sound applet because restarting Cinnamon always fixes it. Anyone have insight into this?

Update: after a clean install of LM 17.3 (Rosa), the issue resolved itself
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Like anything else, Linux will force you to pick and choose your battles, there are so many. Currently using 21.3 Vanessa. I love women and I love our distro's interesting names!
exploder
Level 15
Level 15

Re: Sound Applet Open/Quit Player Buttn Missing Banshee [sol

Post by exploder »

Awesome! Another good reason to upgrade! :)
JosephM
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Sound Applet Open/Quit Player Buttn Missing Banshee [sol

Post by JosephM »

This has been fixed since the upgrade to Rafaela. The buttons are now in the upper right corner.
Cool. If this is fixed could you please report that and close your github issue as well? Helps keep things cleaned up.
When I give opinions, they are my own. Not necessarily those of any other Linux Mint developer or the Linux Mint project as a whole.
Chaotajo
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Sound Applet Open/Quit Player Button Missing Banshee

Post by Chaotajo »

This is still not fixed for me. Also, if VLC is launched, I lose control of Banshee.
Like anything else, Linux will force you to pick and choose your battles, there are so many. Currently using 21.3 Vanessa. I love women and I love our distro's interesting names!
Chaotajo
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Sound Applet Open/Quit Player Button Missing Banshee

Post by Chaotajo »

This seems to be an issue between Banshee and the sound applet because gMusicBrowser does not do this.

Return to “Cinnamon”