How to restart colord

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ttjimera
Level 1
Level 1

How to restart colord

Post by ttjimera »

Just a quick question. Can we restart colord in Cinnamon without having to reboot?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Kittenz

Re: How to restart colord

Post by Kittenz »

Hi,

Code: Select all

sudo /etc/init.d/colord stop
sudo /etc/init.d/colord start
ttjimera
Level 1
Level 1

Post by ttjimera »

Kittenz wrote:Hi,

Code: Select all

sudo /etc/init.d/colord stop
sudo /etc/init.d/colord start
Hi, thanks for the reply. But I have looked in /etc/init.d earlier. There is no script in there for colord. A post on Askubuntu said you can kill colord and gnome-settings-daemon and when gnome-settings-daemon restart it will also restart colord. But I am using Cinnamon where there is no gnome-settings-daemon but cinnamon-settings-daemon is present. I wonder if it works the same.
Kittenz

Post by Kittenz »

You should try to restart cinnamon-settings-daemon. I think that it will work the same.
ttjimera
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] How to restart colord

Post by ttjimera »

Yes, tried killing colord followed by cinnamon-settings-daemon. Screen froze momentarily while cinnamon-settings-daemon restart together with colord. Thanks.

I must add, though, that after doing this, the icon theme was reset to default and I could not set it back to Mint-X-Dark (which I was using) nor any other settings. The remedy was to logout/login again. The first time I relogin Cinnamon took longer than usual (not by very long but longer than usual) to come up. There was a blank screen for a while (longer than usual). And the terminal window that I set to auto start when login was not in its usual place on the screen. The icon theme was back to Mint-X-Dark though. To be safe I relogin again and all was fine. Just thought I should document this for future reference, even though it's not a big issue.

Return to “Cinnamon”