Bluetooth not saving its status over reboot

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
zogoibi

Bluetooth not saving its status over reboot

Post by zogoibi »

It's unbelievable Linux Mint hasn't yet addressed this issue. Since a few years back, I'm still disappointed that Mint won't keep and save the bluetooth status over reboot. At times I've found some workarounds on the net (mostly not working, or only until some package update), but still is hard to believe that the developers of the--according to Distrowatch--most popular Linux distribution in the world, by a landslide, haven't yet addressed the bug. I hope someday we'll see an update allowing to keep the bluetooth status (on or off, whichever the user choses) over reboots, or at least an update able to boot he machine with the bluetooth turned OFF, instead of stubbornly ON. Otherwise, it's easy to forget to turn it off each time (and also time consuming, though little), and laptops use more battery than needed.
Today I've been doing a web search, for the n-th time, looking for a solution to this, but once again haven't found anything useful. If someone knows of a good and permanent workaround to this bug, please share. Thank you.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Bluetooth not saving its status over reboot

Post by Cosmo. »

zogoibi wrote:I hope someday we'll see ... at least an update able to boot he machine with the bluetooth turned OFF, instead of stubbornly ON....Today I've been doing a web search, for the n-th time, looking for a solution to this, but once again haven't found anything useful.
Hm, a search with "disable bluetooth ubuntu" gives my 100.000 hits, already in the first one there is the solution described: Editing /etc/rc.local with rfkill block bluetooth. "It's unbelievable" (your wording) that you did not find that.
M17xR4

Re: Bluetooth not saving its status over reboot

Post by M17xR4 »

Cosmo. wrote:
zogoibi wrote:I hope someday we'll see ... at least an update able to boot he machine with the bluetooth turned OFF, instead of stubbornly ON....Today I've been doing a web search, for the n-th time, looking for a solution to this, but once again haven't found anything useful.
Hm, a search with "disable bluetooth ubuntu" gives my 100.000 hits, already in the first one there is the solution described: Editing /etc/rc.local with rfkill block bluetooth. "It's unbelievable" (your wording) that you did not find that.
I to have yet to find a solution where mint saves and restores the bluetooth settings on reboot(or power on/off).
@Cosmo he's referring to a solution where mint saves the bluetooth state, not a solution where it's off by default.

Return to “Cinnamon”