lost items from nemo's left hand panel

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
allen.biggins

lost items from nemo's left hand panel

Post by allen.biggins »

seem to have lost my places icon from the panel on Linux Mint 17.1 (Cinnamon) 64 bit and for the life of me I cannot retrieve it. I can live without it but it is very useful and I would like to have it back if at all possible.

CORRECTION: I have been able to restore the Files icon to the panel but I still have the problem of missing items from the list as described in POSTSCRIPT below.

I have probably caused it to vanish because I have been trying to copy my home directory from another environment (Mint 17.1) and I have had a few odd things happen along the way although the move seems to be working OK (with this exception).

I've installed a SSD and I have been copying my home directory from the spinner to the SSD if anybody is wondering why I was doing this.

If anybody can help me I would very much appreciate it.

POSTSCRIPT

I have another problem to do with the entries in the list of the /home directory when I look at it My Computer when I click on the Show Desktop applet. I have removed some of those entries in the list and I cannot replace them. I think they are links but I don't know where they are stored.

Thank you

Allen
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Re: lost items from nemo's left hand panel

Post by all41 »

Click on the Show Places icon in the lower left corner of Nemo. If you want to add locations
just open the location, then click on Bookmarks up in in the tool bar and choose Add Bookmark.
The location will appear in the left panel under the heading of Bookmarks, then just drag it where you want.
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
allen.biggins

Post by allen.biggins »

Many thanks for that all41. That did the trick.

Cheers

Allen
firehawk74
Level 1
Level 1

Post by firehawk74 »

all41 wrote:Click on the Show Places icon in the lower left corner of Nemo. If you want to add locations
just open the location, then click on Bookmarks up in in the tool bar and choose Add Bookmark.
The location will appear in the left panel under the heading of Bookmarks, then just drag it where you want.
Thank you for this simple but brilliant solution to this problem.

Return to “Cinnamon”