i just want one, universal, cursor theme

Please post suggestions for improvement of Cinnamon on:
https://github.com/linuxmint/Cinnamon
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
billybag

i just want one, universal, cursor theme

Post by billybag »

As it stands right now:

Firefox: displays the cursor theme i currently have chosen just fine.
Chrome: it appears to be using DMZ-white, but the cursor is a tad blurry. Like maybe it is being scaled up. i don't know where this is coming from though. i have everything set at 24 where applicable.
Cinnamon: Everything about the cursor theme works except the default pointer arrow. The arrow remains at DMZ-black. (text field, link hover, minimize/maximize all work.)

What i have done:
Changed the theme in the themes part of the setting of course
changed it in dconf under both cinnamon/desktop/interface and gnome/desktop/interface
created/edited both /usr/share/icons/default/index.theme and accordiningly
The theme name (i am trying to use Breeze Obsidian, but any theme gives me the same troubles) has been copied and pasted as to eliminate the possibility of spelling errors

i have no idea why simply changing the theme in the themes dialogue box doesn't do just that. i shouldn't have to edit files and junk. it is aggrivating. How can i just make it work?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
herbie643
Level 3
Level 3

Re: i just want one, universal, cursor theme

Post by herbie643 »

You have to edit the /usr/share/icons/default/index.theme

then replace on the 'inherit' line with the EXACT name of the cursor you want to use.

Logoff and you should see your desired cursor at logon as well.

Good luck.

Return to “Cinnamon”